Friday 14 February 2020

Gumotex rudder kit


A trip to the kayak shop was needed for two new rubber lids and a new back strap. In the shop I explored some options to fit a rudder to the seajett. I found a complete kit from Gumotex: www.kajak.nl/roerkit-seawave, originally made to fit a Gumotex Seawave kayak. 
Gumotex rudder kit
Gumotex rudder kit
The quality of the parts seems good and with some adjustments the endplate that holds the rudder pin could be fixed to the rounded tail of the Seajett. The steering pads could be fitted on top of the footrest plate in the Seajett:
Steering pads
Foot rest steering pads

I took the kit home (it was almost more expensive than the Seajett...) and I took the parts to the boat to check my ideas. Everything looks allright. To get the steering lines through the hull seems to be the most challenging part.


Rudder kit parts
Rudder kit parts

No comments:

Post a Comment