Friday 27 March 2020

A sunny trip with the Skarabee

Today the weather was too good for not paddling. It was sunny and a nice wind of 4 Bft. I went for the isle 'Hooft' in the lake IJmeer. A trip with a total distance of about 18 kms. I took the Skarabee and started with my Greenland paddle.

A sunny day

Soon I switched to my Schlegel Ozean spare paddle. It is heavy because it is fully made of aluminium. Today, I just wanted to make a longer tour with it. This paddle has long, narrow blades for easy stowing on the deck as a spare paddle. This shape does not differ much from a Greenland paddle and it can even be adjusted to a similar 0 degrees blade twist. It has a bit more power in a normal forward stroke but it is less suited for more dynamic slicing and dicing. Probably because of the high weight.

Schlegel Ozean paddle

Not much to say about the trip, just a few photo's to show.
On the isle, sitting sheltered from the wind, it was nice resting.

break
Break on the isle Hooft with a view on the lake Markermeer


No comments:

Post a Comment