Tuesday 14 September 2021

Just some photos of some trips

The last weeks I was quite busy with kayaking. I joined an excercise weekend in Zeeland to fine tune some rescue techniques. It proved to be quite useful.

Exercise weekend in Zeeland
North Sea beach

During the weekend I was confronted with some failing rolls and I was pointed out that I used a wrong grip on the elongated Greenland paddle. So time for some rolling sessions at home to regain technique and confidence. The most useful video for me was this one:

Happily, with the correct grip and body rotation as is demonstrated in the video I was able to roll quite easy. So never stop practising rolling.

With Aquavite we canceled a trip to Ameland but made a trip to Edam:

Marken lighthouse
Campsite Edam

I have used the Nigel Foster Shadow for all these trips as this is my best sea kayak and a good expedition boat also.

No comments:

Post a Comment