Tuesday 2 May 2023

The last Baidarka

This is about my last P&H Baidarka Explorer. The yellow one has been sold a year ago but I had already collected a nice orange one. With the orange deck this boat looks absolutely beautiful:


This one doesn't have a variable skeg. My latest experience with the yellow one showed that the variable skeg wasn't really necessary: weatherhelm is easily controlled by effective correction strokes especially with a Greenland paddle. 

My original plan was to rebuilt this one with an extra hatch and foot pump. However, due to lack of time and urgency I decided to sell it: I don't need an extra sea kayak with the specific characteristics of the Baidarka. Selling it would also free some space for other vintage boat projects. So, about a year after the yellow one had been sold, the orange one has been sold also. The new owner being very happy with the almost prestine condition of this vintage kayak. 



No comments:

Post a Comment