Tuesday 22 September 2020

A trip from IJburg to Pampus Island

Last weekend I visited another kayak club at IJburg: www.kanoopijburg.nl. I am considering to become a member there because it is situated directly at the lake IJmeer. And the travel time from home is about the same as to my kayak club at Almere Haven: www.aquavite.nl.

Originally I would do a trip to Terschelling Island but that had been canceled because the risk of too much wind (6 Bft). So I hoped for a strong wind on the IJmeer. We made a trip to Pampus Island. Starting from IJburg this is not that far, about 5 km. As I had hoped for a strong wind the 3 Bft was a bit disappointing. It was an easy and short trip with a long break. On the way back I could surf a bit, but the waves weren't very impressive.  


Landed on the tiny beach


Nice weather and view


No comments:

Post a Comment