Monday 28 September 2020

A trip to Uitdam

Last Saturday I went with some KOIJ club members from IJburg to Pampus Island. Again for a coffee break on the island, it is starting to become a tradition! Despite the forecast the weather was nice.

Coffee on Pampus Island

After the break I decided to continue to Uitdam on my own. The wind was a mild 2 to 3 Bft from the North East and I was in for some lonely paddling. After some time I arrived at Uitdam and explored the coastline to find a suitable beach to land on. There was a little harbour that seems new to me but I paddles further to the North East and found a little beach at the start of the dyke to Marken. I believe this is the beach that is used for starting trips around the Marken Island. 

Nigel Foster Shadow sea kayak
rest at the beach

Nigel Foster Shadow sea kayak
view on the lake IJmeer

The way back I headed straight to IJburg. However I had to get around some working areas and watching the shipping lane to Amsterdam. After all it was a nice trip and that evening I felt tired.

route back to IJburg

No comments:

Post a Comment