Thursday 17 September 2020

First trip with the Legend with skeg

Last evening we made a trip to the lake IJmeer with our kayak club. I took the Legend, the first time after adding the rectractable skeg. Of course I was anxious to test the new skeg. Well it works, with a smooth operation I could easily trim the kayak on all courses in the wind (3-4Bft). So far so good!


Nigel Foster Legend sea kayak
Resting on the beach

It was nice paddling the Legend again. It has less room for my feet compared to the Shadow but the seating position is quite comfortable. It feels more sporty than the Shadow and I could make a lot of speed. I used the Lendal Seamaster paddle, a simple but useful paddle. After the trip I checked all compartments and no drop of water has entered. So happily no leaks at the new skegbox.


Nigel Foster Legend sea kayak
Evening sight on the lake IJmeer




No comments:

Post a Comment