Tuesday 24 December 2019

To sail or not to sail

Last spring I sold my old wooden sailing boat. It was a nice boat but she was in need for some serious maintanance. My first idea was to buy a polyester low-maintanance sailing cruiser but there was an alternative: a sea kayak. Sea kayaking was not new for me, 14 years earlier I sold my kayak to focus on sailing. Before that, I think I paddled for around 10 years more or less intensivily, also on the sea. Sailing is nice and I have enjoyed it. However, the idea of buying a sea kayak again became more and more attractive. The thing is: in a kayak you are closer to the water and much more occupied with the waves. You miss that feel on a sailing boat, more busy with wind and sails. As you can guess, the sea kayak has won. Read about it in my next posts.

Here a photo of "Magdalena". I bought her from a sea kayak instructor, coincidence or not?

Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment