Sunday 3 May 2020

With the Skarabee to Volendam

Today I did a trip to Volendam with a total length of 25 km. The wind was max 2 Bft so it was a quiet but beautiful trip with great views on the lake Markermeer.

Skarabee with view on the Markermeer
For a change I took the Skarabee. It was a time ago I paddled my yellow cargo ship after the recent trips with the Nigel Foster boats. Compared with the Legend which is a sharp knive carving the water, the Skarabee felt as a beach bal, just wobbling on the water. And it was not tracking well without the skeg. Strange as how my experierence with the Legend has altered my opinion on the Skarabee. If the Shadow with the new seat will please me, there even might be a chance that I will sell the Skarabee.

Marken lighthouse




Volendam beach


No comments:

Post a Comment